You are what you eat…
Research shows an exceptional correlation between lowering the risk of non-communicable diseases and good nutrition. Implementing workplace nutrition programs can help to lower employees’ risks associated with diseases such as osteoporosis, diabetes, stroke, heart disease and even some cancers.
At WorkingWell we encourage your employees to make better eating choices including increased consumption of whole grain products, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, legumes and low fat dairy, as well as the reduction of sugar, salt and saturated fat consumption.
Research shows that good nutrition can benefit employees in numerous ways including:
- Reducing the risk of obesity
- Promoting weight management
- Reducing the likelihood of developing high cholesterol
- Reducing cholesterol levels in those already diagnosed with high cholesterol
- Reducing the risks associated with Type 2 Diabetes
- Reducing the risk of developing high blood pressure
- Reducing blood pressure in those already diagnosed with high blood pressure
Let us help you formulate a programme that encourages your employees to make healthier food choices.